Zika Virus Challenge 2016: Overview and Updates
Overview: This is a recorded video of a live presentation given at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health on February 15, 2016. This one hour webinar will provide general background on the Zika virus and mosquito vectors and discuss responses to similar outbreaks.
Craig M Wilson
Professor of Epidemiology, Pediatrics and Microbiology
Director, Sparkman Center for Global Health
- What is Zika Virus?
- ZIKV Symptoms
- Zika, Dengue, and Chikungunya Symptoms
- History of ZIKV Disease
- U.S Zika Virus Risk: Comparative Assessment
- US Chikungunya Experience
- Zika Virus: Risk in the Areas Impacted
- Zika Virus: Control Measures
To view the video recording, click on the link below. You will then be directed to the registration page. Once registration is complete you will be directed to the video.